Monday, July 12, 2010

Weekending


This weekend we :
  • Made a lemon-zucchini-goat cheese-pizza using this recipe and ate it all up. (I didn't even take a picture!) I think Friday nights should be pizza nights from now on.
  • Saw Toy Story 3 which made me think back to all of my favorite toys from childhood - a stuffed cat I called Mama Cat and her three baby kittens: Lisa, Tommy and Sara; a ballerina doll with long hair made of yarn. I learned to braid by practicing on her; my etch-a-sketch, lite brite, troll dolls and magna doodle.
  • Got up at 8 a.m. Saturday to run errands, then worked on the deck all day long. We had some great help!
Fred, Sam and Curtis


My dad and my brother Alex

Nicole and Patrick (who was looking at me with a wary eye)

Patrick wanted to help!

  • Had half of the rails up by the end of Saturday. Then Chris and I went to a goodbye party for our friends Eric and Luisa who are heading to New York.

  • Picked 14 pounds of blackberries, 2 pounds blueberries and a peck of peaches.


 

  • Canned 8 jars of blackberry jam.

  • Nailed many, many boards until ... the deck was 95 percent complete!

What a handsome general contractor!

Overall, it was a busy, happy weekend. Most members of this household are tuckered out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails