Monday, January 10, 2011

Winter Song

I'm having a hard time being content lately. Last year about this time, I plunged into a pretty deep funk that didn't go away for several months. I'm afraid of that happening again, so I'm very aware of my moods and am trying to do what I can to ward off gloom.

Most of the time, it's just a change of attitude that does the trick.

On Saturday night, I fought a blue mood with some intense house cleaning and a date with husband.
It helped.

Today, I'm coping with caffeine (only 12 oz a day is my rule) and a change of location: a bright and bustling coffee shop.

But rather than try to distract, perhaps I should embrace the cold, the gray skies, the coats. It seems like every other time of the year has a "theme" we can look forward to- flowers in April, strawberries in May, sundresses in June, picnics in July, canning and cooking in August, harvest in September, October, November. Christmas in December.

Deprivation and fitness from January-March?

No no, this is supposed to be a positive post. Ok. go.

So here we go: Things to appreciate about Winter months. January, February, March.

  • Warm drinks at coffee shops. (Particularly, this one at 2nd Street Bike Stop)
  • Sweaters
  • Tights
  • Boots
  • Yoga
  • Fat snow flakes
  • cute gloves
  • sewing blankets
  • hats
  • Days getting longer
  • Oatmeal
  • Hot soup
What do you like about winter?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails