Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!

Good friends. 

It's been awhile!

Since my last post many things have happened! I got a new job as editor of an online newspaper called StCharles.Patch.com, Chris and I went to Europe in September. I made us matching German costumes for Halloween in October.



Chris's sister Lisa had a baby in November.  Luca Mateo.



In December, my site launched (yay!) We spent lots of time with family and friends. We watched my brother Alex perform in a play.

I wrote about the first snow of the season.

We made gingerbread houses. This year Chris and I replicated the Dom du Salzbourg.

I wrote about a house fire. (Turn off your space heaters!)

I taught our friend's kid to use an iPhone.

One of my new year's resolutions is to get back to blogging. I haven't stopped cooking, creating and making messes, but I did stop documenting it. For shame.

Even on New Year's Eve we were too busy to continue with our tradition (7 years running!) of cooking together. We decided to rectify that tonight by staying in and having a second New Year's Eve party, just for the two of us.

We went and saw a movie (Little Fockers). We took down the Christmas decorations. I threw together some decorations for our mantle.


And then we busted out the bubbly and made dinner. 
















So, on day 1 of the new year, I bring you my handsome husband's recipe for Pizza Sandwiches. 
(he got it from his home ec class in 7th grade)

Serves 2
Ingredients:
4 pieces white bread
4 pats butter
1 cup mozzarella cheese
8 tablespoons Ragu or tomato sauce
6-8 slices pepperoni or salami

1. Spread 2 tablespoons ragu or tomato sauce on each piece of bread. 
2. Divide salami or pepperoni slices evenly between two pieces of bread. 
3. Top salami or pepperoni slices with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. 




4. Place other piece of bread on top of mozzarella cheese. You now have two sandwiches.
5. Turn on skillet to low or medium heat. 
6. Place two pats of butter in skillet. Place a sandwich on top of each pat of butter. 
7. Move sandwiches around to ensure proper distribution of butter. 
8. Cook until they are golden brown. 
9. Flip, place pat of butter under each uncooked side. Cook until golden brown. 
10. Remove from skillet and eat!

1 comment:

  1. Those sandwiches look really delicious and very easy for a weeknight dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails