Friday, August 6, 2010

An Interview with a Creative Few: Jenny Larson

I know so many creative people and talking with them about their projects often inspires me to try new things. So I've decided to introduce them to you in a format that I like: an interview.






Jenny Larson is a full-time mom to three kids with a fourth on the way and part-time photographer. She started taking pictures to document her children's lives and has turned the hobby into a career.

She photographs families, children, seniors in high school, moms-to-be and does birthday parties.



1.What do you create?
I believe I create beauty in memories. Tomorrow a memory is all we will have so I try to capture that memory as best possible. You can create anything with a picture..love, hate, sorrow, happiness, the possibilities are endless.



2. How did you get started?
I have always loved taking pictures and enjoyed finding the best angles to capture the beauty or inspiration in something. I recently was gifted by my wonderful husband an amazing camera that has really captured the beauty of my life. Capturing all the special moments in my three kids life was really what got the ball rolling with my love of photography.

3. What inspires you?
My children are the number one thing I take pictures of everyday. They have so many faces that can tell so many stories I just don't want to miss. I want to be able to share that with others and inspire them to see their memories in the same way. I love nature and the constant reminder of how magnificent our God is. Between the flowers, the sunsets, and the animals sometimes it can truly be overwhelming when you look through the beauty of the pictures.


 
4. How do you promote your work?
I promote with my own work, using facebook and I also have a website: www.jheartphotos.webs.com. I pass out business cards with referral discounts. Clients telling others about their pictures and how they were inspired by my work is the best possibly way to get my name out there, and honestly the most rewarding. Knowing someone came to me because they saw the beauty in a friend's picture is really heart warming.

5. What do you do for fun?
Family time is fun time. We do things all the time together and plan an outing each weekend. I also take one day a week and find a spot to snap a few photos. Its relaxing and inspires new way to take pictures. Of course spending time with my amazing husband is also a big part of my life.



Check out Jenny's website, http://jheartphotos.webs.com/ to see more examples of her work. She's running a $10 off back to school special right now. Email her at jheartphotos@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails