Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The bounty of August: salsa


Ok. I fell off the face of the earth. I got a new job! I've been trying to clean my house and work on various projects and prepare for some big changes in my life. Oh, and eat as much August produce as possible. So I made a number of things that I just didn't post. So get ready. I know it's the end of August and I'm going to get everything in!

I received a box of tomatillos from my CSA a few weeks ago, and as they started to look a little past prime, I whipped up some salsa.

8-9 tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed and cut in half.
1 large tomato, chopped
3-4 small peppers, (pick your hotness level)
1 onion, chopped
1/4 cup lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

Cover a baking sheet with tin foil and place tomatillos on it, along with peppers. Roast for about 30 minutes until the tomatillos look a little charred.
Place tomatillos, peppers, onion and tomato in food processor and pulse several times.
Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails