Thursday, July 8, 2010

thrift store roundup

There is something so satisfying about wandering through thrift stores and junk shops. Sometimes you have to dig a little, but you can often find things that are nearly brand new. I like giving items a second chance at usefulness instead of heading to a dump.

I really enjoy checking out thrift shops while I'm on vacation. In Florida we visited a "Florida Store" and I found a cool old-fashioned bike. I'm still trying to find the perfect spot for it.

Des Moines, Iowa has this great shop called Found Things. I could have spent hours in there.



I came home with vintage post cards from St. Louis and London.




Cloth napkins, edged in blue, and a cool wooden box.


Today, I hit up the local St. Vincent De Paul thrift store. On Wednesdays, they put out new furniture and items. I walked in and immediately saw three chairs I knew I loved.


They are metal and the paint is chipped in a few places, but it's nothing a fresh coat can't fix. The seats are yellow leather, which is cool but I will probably replace them with an outdoor fabric.

A new small vase.

A cute pink hat. (I'm not sure if this fits my head or not. I'm too embarrassed to post pictures of myself wearing it!)

Fabric remnants.

1 comment:

  1. Those are some great finds!

    Yeah, I started on Blogger last year. Was using LiveJournal but decided that Blogger was a bit more user-friendly. I think pretty soon my entire life is going to be run through Google.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails